A stainless steel flanged gate valve is a type of valve made from stainless steel as its main material. This type of valve is commonly used in chemical, petroleum, natural gas, and other fields. Furthermore, these valves are known for their flanged connection type.
Advantages of Stainless Steel Flanged Gate Valve
- Corrosion resistant – A stainless steel flanged gate valve is better corrosion resistant to a larger number of fluids. It makes it the best option for use in harsh environments where other materials may corrode.
- Versatility – Stainless steel flanged gate is highly Versatile since it can adapt to different functions.
- Availability of material– Materials such as brass, bronze, or carbon steel are hard to find compared to stainless steel which is easily accessible.
- High pressure resistant – Stainless steel flanged gate valve has the Power to handle high pressure thus making it suitable in applications where there is high high-pressure. applications.
- Durability – The materials used to make stainless steel flanged gate valves are strong thus making it resistant to wear and tear.
- Best for a wide range of applications – Stainless steel flanged gate valves can be used in different applications. It is widely used in chemical, petroleum, natural gas, and other fields.
- Easy installation – Stainless steel flanged gate valve has the advantages of top bolts, adjustable screws, and antistatic electricity thus it can adapt to different industrial applications.
- No leak – Stainless steel flanged gate valves have a hydraulic system designed to help prevent any leaks.
- Easy maintenance – Stainless steel flanged gate valve is easy to maintain.
Features of Stainless Steel Flanged Gate Valve
- It has a pressure rating of ANSI 150 and PN16.
- Stainless steel flanged gate valves have a temperature range of 180°C
- Available in PN 16 or ANSI 150sizes,1/2 to 8 and 1/2to6.
- The stainless steel flanged gate valve is designed for isolation in chemical corrosive and semi-aggressive liquid applications.
- It has a flexible stem design.
Stainless Steel Material Grade for Flanged Gate Valve
304 Stainless Steel Flanged Gate Valve
It is used for oxidizing very corrosive fluids. Such environments are usually subjected to pitting and crevice corrosion in warm chloride situations.
304 stainless steel flanged gate valve is used in a variety of applications in households and industrial applications.
316 Stainless Steel Flanged Gate Valves
316 stainless steel gate valves are known for superior resistance to corrosion. They are a perfect choice for the most corrosive environments.
Even for the most corrosive fluids, 316 SS flanged gate valves offer uncompromised performance.
The exceptional performance is due to the presence of molybdenum in the 316 stainless steel alloy for flanged gate valves.
The 316 SS flanged gate valves are best for marine environments and chemical industries.
Design Consideration for Stainless Steel Flanged Gate Valve
Stainless steel flanged gate valves come in varying sizes ranging in inches. This makes them have varying pressure ratings, hence different applications.
Measure the thickness of the outer attaching rim before purchasing a stainless steel flanged gate valve.
Always measure the outside distance between two opposing edges of the flange gate valve.
Construction defines the overall parts and components of the valves. From different connection types, body structure, and how various parts function. Ideally, this will also determine the pressure rating and temperature characteristics of the valve.
Stainless Steel Flanged Gate Valve Applications
Oil and Gas Industry
Stainless steel flanged gate valves are used in controlling flow of the crude, oil, natural gas, and other fluids in pipelines and refineries.
A power plant needs a good quality stainless steel flanged gate valve to convey water, gas, steam, and others. A stainless steel flanged gate valve is the best option to perform this task since it is able to withstand high pressure.
Stainless steel flanged gate valves are used in water treatment to control the flow of water and wastewater during water treatment. SS flanged gate valve helps to control the pressure and resist corrosion. It is the perfect valve system for most water treatment.
SS flanged gate valves control the flow of water and gas in the marine ship.
Commercial and Residential
Stainless steel flanged gate valves help to control fluid flow in many residential and commercial applications. You can use these valves in plumbing and drainage systems.
Stainless steel flanged gate valves have zero leakage and adapt to all types of external environments in the mining industry. They help the flow of material mixture from the mining pipes and other drainage systems.
Stainless steel flanged gate valve is widely used in chemical, petroleum, and natural gas among others. It is easier to connect and regulate flow in all your piping systems.
Gate Valve – Source: Wikipedia
Flanged Gate Valve – Source: Kinvalve