Forged Steel Gate valves are special types of valve systems made from forged steel. Its Gate moves along the center line of its passage in a vertical direction. It is used mostly as a shut-off function in pipelines.
Why use Forged Steel Gate Valves
There are many reasons why you should consider these types of gate valves.
- It has very small or short fluid resistance.
- Forged steel gate valves come with a limitless flow path medium and have a longer service life.
- They don’t have many moving parts. This makes maintenance and repair cheaper.
- These valves work perfectly for pipelines with small diameters with operating temperatures of 29~500°C (stainless steel). Its duty is to connect or shut off mediums within pipelines.
- With these valve types, the shape is simple, it has different application methods, good manufacturing methods, and a short structure length.
- It has good sealing performance. When completely opened, its sealing surface doesn’t sustain much corrosion.
- Easy to open and close. Generally, it is easy to use.
Features of Forged Gate Valve
When it comes to your hydraulic systems, there are unique features that make gate valves made from forged steel a perfect choice. These include:
- It comes with handwheel operators.
- Has a forged steel body as well as a bonnet.
- Comes with unique temperature ranges to meet different application needs.
- It comes with pressure of up to 138 bar depending on the brand and model.
- Has unique socket weld sizes available.
- A bolted or welded bonnet
- Male and female joint spiral wound gasket
- Threaded and sealed welded joints.
- Outside Screw and Yoke
Key Parts and Components
The body of the outer component is where the disc and valve seat are housed. It is made to be thick in order to make handling pressure easier. This part contains both outlet and inlet valve ports.
Discs are parts responsible for the valves opening and closing. Handweels are in charge of powering discs via the stem.
· Bonnet Joints
They are parts within the pressure seal also known as bolted bonnets. There are also welded, pressure seal, other bonnets.
Its bonnet is also made of forged steel with a valuable backseat, even as it includes the stuffing box. It is mounted on the body of the valve. It prevents dirt from going into the valve.
· Valve Seats
These components are used in enhancing tight seals between the body and the valve discs anytime the valve is closed.
This part is a clear and strong wedge design that has been forged with its surfaces being lapped and ground.
· Seat Ring
This part is mostly pressed into the valve body and then it is wedged into its place. With that done, it forms a seal with the valve body.
This part is ideally a threaded shaft. It links the valve disc and handwheel together. It works by moving torque applied on the handwheel to valve discs. Stems mostly come in rising and non-rising designs.
- Gland packing
It is made or set up around the stem to seal against fluid leaks and dirt entering into the valve.
This part is designed to be used when torque has to be applied to begin or end the flow of fluid.
Applications of Forged Gate Valves
- Turbine rooms
- Before the installation of costly plant equipment.
- Chemical processing
- Steam circuits on ships
- Condensate lines, etc.
For all your forged steel gate valves from China, Kinvalve offers a perfect solution for you. From our standard valves to your custom design options – contact us now for any inquiries.