As the name suggests, there are check valves made from forged steel. Forged steel check valves are durable with the ability to withstand high working temperatures and pressure.
A reason, you will find these valves in most industrial applications.
Benefits of Forged Steel Check Valve
There are several benefits of the forged steel check valve. These advantages come from the material used and the method of production. The advantages include;
- Forged steel valves can withstand high pressure and stress.
- They can be used for applications that involve the use of high temperatures
- The forged steel valves are durable and have a very long service life
- These valves have an increased resistance to corrosion and wear and tear
- The process of forging steel does not produce much waste, making the production process sustainable.
Features of Forged Steel Check Valve
Features of forged steel valves may vary according to manufacturers. Besides, you may customize these valves according to your unique performance requirements.
In most cases, valves made from forged steel are known for:
- Resistance to high temperatures with working temperatures as high as 650°C.
- The forged steel valve is resistant to corrosion
- It has an increased tolerance to high-pressure
- Forged steel valves are sturdy and durable
- Has an improved resistance to wear and tear and cracks caused by stress
Parts of Forged Steel Check Valve
The parts of the forged steel check valve may vary in different designs. The most commonly used parts include;
- The body is which is the external casing of the check valve.
- A cover that seals all the internal parts of the check valve
- It has a body cover joint that is responsible for holding the body and the cover together. There are different types of joint designs
- The gasket which acts as a seal in between the joints ensures that there is no space that may cause leakage.
- The seat helps seal the check valve ensuring it is airtight and preventing any kind of flow
- Disk or ball that is lifted and lowered manually or using internal pressure to allow or prevent the flow of fluids.
Working Principles of Forged Steel Check Valve
The forged steel check valve is a flow-regulating device. It is typically installed in a system to prevent fluid from flowing back.
Although you will find some allowing bi-directional flow, most check valves are designed to only allow flow in one direction. Flow is regulated using changes in pressure which initiates the check valve. If there is a decrease in pressure and fluid attempts to flow back, the check valve’s ball or disk slides into place creating a blockade.
Types of Forged Steel Check Valve
There are many different types of forged steel check valves. Varying types of forged steel valves perform their function using different mechanisms. The main types of forged steel check valves are;
Swing Forged Steel Check Valve
It is equipped with a disk that hangs using a hinge pin. This check valve is equipped with an integral seat that helps to seal the disk.
Ball Forged Steel Check Valve
This type of check valve has a spherical object that is used to create a blockade. Some versions are equipped with a spring that helps increase efficiency. The ball relies on pressure to slide into place.
Piston Forged Steel Check Valve
The valve body is globular which serves by decreasing pressure in the system. Pressure opens up the system but any flow in the opposite direction closes the disk
Application of forged steel check valve
There are many advantages to using the forged steel check valve. It is resistant to corrosion, high pressure, and temperature making it a popularly used check valve. Forged steel check valves are used for many industrial applications including;
- Chemical plants
- Process Lines
- Petrochemical plants
- Condensate Lines
- Oil systems
- Hot and Cold Water Systems
- Treatment plants
In short, if you are looking for durable and reliable valves for your plumbing applications, then considering a forged steel check valve is the best option.
For all your check valves from China, contact us now.
Check Valve – Source: KINVALVE
What is Forged Valve – Source: SCIENCING
Different Types of Valves – Source: THOMASNET