Class 600 gate valve control liquid flow by lifting or lowering a disk or wedge out of the fluid path in pipes.
Gate valves are often used when minimum pressure loss and a free bore are needed and are suitable for both above-ground and underground installation
Class is the calculation results of the binding temperature and pressure of a certain metal according to the ANSI/BI16.34 standard.
Advantages of Class 600 Gate Valve
There are many reasons why you should consider these types of gate valves:
- They can tolerate high pressure and temperature
- 600 gate valves have zero fluid leakage
- These valves are durable and versatile
- Class 600 gate valve works effectively with viscous fluids.
- They have gate valves that are easy to assemble, repair, and maintain
- 600 gate valves are tedious to open and close.
- They are prone to valve and seat erosion.
- 600 gate valves have poor throttling characteristics.
Components of Class 600 Gate Valve
Class 600 gate valve comprises the following:
- Valve body
Class 600 gate valve works by inserting a gate or disk into the fluid flow path through a threaded stem. The stem links the handwheel and the gate valve.
When the handwheel is rotated in the anti-clockwise direction, the vertical movements cause the gate to open and vice versa making the gate shut off.
The gate valve must be used with less corrosive fluids and fluids that do not leave sediments because they can prevent the gates from closing fully.
Applications of 600 Gate Valve
- 600 gate valve are used in transportation of petroleum.
- It is used in oil and gas refinery industries.
- 600 gate valve in petrochemical applications.
- Used in chemical industries
- Class 600 gate valve is used in metullurgy application.
- It used in steam power generation plants.
Class 600 gate valve is used for opening and closing the flow of fluid in a pipeline. They are widely used in various application such as water supply, irrigation, waste water treatment, fire protection, biogas and gas distribution.