Your Distinct 2 Piece Ball Valve
- Extensive materials, pressure ratings, and temperature ranges options
- Belleville washers and gland packing offering well alignment and tightness
- Well-designed construction providing flexible end connections
The threaded 2 pieces stainless steel ball valve is general-purpose for manual use. Available in 1/4” to 4” in sizes with 150 PIS WSP pressure rating and a 1000PSI WOG working pressure. Lockable handle on requests.
Our 2pc ball valves are the most popular product line. The full port design and 2 piece body with flexible end connection configuration make it better flow capacity than 1 piece ball valve and more competitive pricing than 3 piece ball valve.
- Size: 1/4″ – 4″
- Steam rating: 150 PSI WSP
- Blowout-proof Stem Design
- Body: ASTM A351 Gr.CF8M, CF8, WCB on Request
- Ball: SS316 or SS304
- Stem: SS316 or SS304
- Seat: PTFE as standard
- End Connections: Threaded End ASME B1.20.1 (NPT) ISO 7/1 (BSPT, BSP)
- Working Pressure: 1000 PSI
- Temperature Range: -20° to 450° F
- TEST STANDARD: API 598
- O-ring Stem Seals Optional
- Live-loading Stem Packing Available
Kinvalve flanged 2 piece ball valve is offered in a stainless steel or carbon steel body in size range of 1/2″ – 12″ with an ISO 5211 mounting pad for direct mount actuation.
This 2 piece ball valve is engineered with an anti-blowout stem and PTFE seat and seal as standard. Flanged connections in accordance with a complete range of international standards.
- Size: 1/2″ – 12″
- ISO 5211 Mounting Pad
- Body: ASTM A351 Gr.CF8M/CF8, ASTM A216 Gr. WCB
- Ball: SS304/SS316
- Stem: SS304/SS316, Blow-out-proof design
- Temperature Rating: -45.5 °C (-50°F) to 246’C (475’F)
- Working Pressure: Class 150/300, PN10-40, JIS 10k/20k
- Face-to-Face: ANSI B16.10, DIN3202 and JIS B2002
- Flange Dimensions: ANSI B16.5, DIN2632/2633 & DIN2634/2635 and JIS B2212
- Test Standard: API 598, EN12266, and ISO5208
- Anti – Static Device Optional
- API 607 Fire-safe Design Optional
- Multiple O-ring Stem Seals Optional
- Live-loading Stem Packing Optional
Kinvalve Most Competitive 2 Piece Ball Valve
Sometimes, some of your special applications require specific industry designs, testing and registration standards. Kinvalve two piece ball valves stand out to follow these requirements.
2 piece ball valve, the body is constructed in two pieces, thus one additional joint compared to 1 piece ball valve. Kinvalve’s two piece ball valves are available in both full bore/full port and reducing bore/port.
As an expert in manufacturing and designing 2 piece ball valves, Kinvalve can provide you almost all kinds of 2pc ball valves for your specific applications. No matter you require a two piece ball valve with threaded end or flanged end, as well as carbon steel body or stainless steel body.
Kinvalve also can supply actuated 2 piece ball valves for your automatic applications. This kind of two piece ball valve is equipped with an ISO5211 standard mounting pad that can easily equip a Pneumatic or Electric actuator for your choices.
Kinvalve offers a complete line of industrial and commercial flow control ball valves to suit a wide variety of applications: air, water, steam, or gas.
Please get in touch with us to get more information about our 2 piece ball valves.
Kinvalve 2 Piece Ball Valve Delight your Customers
The 2 piece ball valve is loved by customers because of its versatility and competitive price.
The threaded 2-piece ball valve is one of our most popular products. It has a quick and simple connection and even does not need professional tools to assist installation.
We can provide kinds of thread types for your options, NPT ball valve, BSP(including BSPP&BSPT) ball valve, and other standards as your requirements. Our threaded 2pc ball valve is from 1/4inch to 4inch(DN8-DN100).
Kinvalve 2pc ball valve also can be designed to have the flanged ball valve. Compared to the thread end, flanged 2 piece ball valves expand the application range of the two-piece ball valve.
Kinvalve flanged 2 piece ball valves meet the requirements of ASME B16.34 for Class 150, Class 300, and Class 600 called ANSI ball valves.
The one is available in the standard of JIS B2071 named JIS ball valve. And another one is designed and manufactured to follow the DIN 3357 standard with the other name of the DIN ball valve.
For your special applications, API 6D & API 608 designed 2 piece ball valves are optional.
For our 2 piece stainless steel ball valves, you have two options: standard-duty and heavy-duty.
You don’t have to worry, both are safe to use at the pressure rating of 1000PSI. However, the heavy-duty ball valves even can be up to 2000PSI working pressure.
Kinvalve 2 piece ball valves can be cast or forged and made of high-grade stainless steel and carbon steel.
We manufacture valves from genuine guaranteed raw material with a material test certificate, hydraulic test certificates, Mill TC 3.1.b available with all supplies.
Also, we can accept third-party inspection agencies. All these above will help you keep an eye on the full processing of your products and our sales team will always follow up your order step by step and keep you posted as well.
Our 2 piece ball valve is the same as the three-piece ball valve, they are all available in ISO 5211 mounted pad for the automatic actuated.
Our two-piece pneumatic ball valve is considered less expensive and easier to maintain, and pneumatic actuated ball valves are inherently explosion-proof and are a good choice for you to use in NEMA VII designated areas.
While Kinvalve electric ball valve in 2 piece body is known for its high-level precise and speed control as well as positioning characteristics.
However each way has its inherent pros and cons, it’s not easy to answer which is a better choice.
If you’re confused about this problem, there’s a simple choice for you, contact us now, we will take care of the rest according to your specifications.
Kinvalve is a high-tech enterprise in designing and manufacturing industrial valves, we are always committed to providing our customers with qualified products and better service.
Our experienced engineers devote their wisdom and knowledge to improving the design and manufacturing and making up for the shortcomings of each series of valves and strengthen their advantages.
With over 18 years of experience, we became a leading ball valve manufacturer. Kinvalve provides a one-stop solution for all of your flow control needs.
We offer a 100% guarantee on every ball valve. Kinvalve always makes sure we can give you the 2 piece ball valve that suits your needs.
Contact our team now!
2 Piece Ball Valve: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
Before you invest in a new 2 piece ball valve, read this guide.
It has all information that will help you choose a suitable 2 piece ball valve for all your applications.
Keep reading to learn more.
What is a 2-Piece Ball Valve?
It is a type of ball valve made up of two pieces, one piece that has the end connection and the body.
2-piece ball valve provides an on and off function by allowing flow through the input port and out via the output port.
Two-Piece Ball Valve
What are the Features of a 2-Piece Ball Valve?
Some of the features of a 2-piece ball valve include:
- 2- Piece body construction: This ball valve comes in two separate pieces or parts, joined together to make up the valve. The first piece holds the main body and one end connection. The second piece fits inside the first piece. It holds together the valve’s trim or inner valve components and has the valve’s second end connection.
- Full bore & reduced bore options: The 2-piece ball valve is available in both full bore or reduced bore constructions. Full bore or full port construction means that the pipe diameter at the inlet and outlet is the same as the diameter of the ball valve. It allows fluid or media to flow straight through the ball without being reduced or narrowed. Reduced bore construction, also called a standard port, also has a straight but restricted flow path. The outlet and inlet of the valve are the same diameters as the pipeline, but the inner component (the ball) has a smaller flow opening/bore. As a result, the reduced ball diameter produces a drop in pressure as the media passes through the ball.
- Blow-out-proof stem: The 2-piece ball valve comes with a pressure-resistant stem design. This stem has a collar on its lower part. The collar holds the stem inside the valve, preventing it from being blown out by excessive cycle pressures.
- Multiple end connections: A 2-piece ball valve is available in both threaded and flanged end connections, making them versatile for use in a wide range of process systems.
- Multiple seat options: 2 piece ball valves come with soft-relieving PTFE seats or metal seat options. PTFE seats offer tight shutoff and are suitable for a wide range of temperature and pressure conditions. Metal seats are ideal for high temperature applications with corrosive media in transport.
- Extensive pressure and temperature capabilities: A 2-piece ball valve can handle Class 150/300 and 1000 PSI pressure ratings for the flanged and threaded end connections with soft PTFE seats, respectively. They are flexible for use in high or low-pressure cycles with temperature ratings of between -20-degrees F to 450-degrees F. Metal seated 2-piece floating ball valves have higher temperature capabilities and can handle temperatures of up to 1000 degrees F while also reaching up to 2000 PSI ratings. 2-piece trunnion ball valves have different pressure ratings of Class 150-2500 pressure rating. With soft seats, a trunnion ball valve will handle moderate temperatures of up to about 500 degrees F, while metal seated 2-piece trunnion ball valves can withstand higher temperatures of up to 1000 degrees F.
- ISO approved– The 2-piece ball valve dimensions are up to ISO, ASME, JIS, and DIN standards.
- Size options: The 2-piece floating ball valve is available in various size options to suit your pipeline requirements. The flanged 2-piece ball valve is available in sizes ranging from ½” to 12” while a threaded 2-piece ball valve is available in size options of ¼” – 4”. 2-piece trunnion ball valves come in size ranges of 2” – 48”.
- Gland packing: 2-piece ball valves come with Belleville spring washer and O-ring options that ensure optimum sealing performance. The double stem seal construction increases ball valve safety in high pressure applications.
- Easy to automate: The 2-piece ball valve can be automated using a pneumatic or electric actuator. It comes with an optional ISO 5211 mounting pad that helps you align the ball valve and the actuator properly.
- Anti-static device: The 2-piece ball valve comes with an inbuilt anti-static device to ensure electrical continuity in the valve.
- Firesafe design: 2-piece ball valves are API 607 approved. They come with secondary metallic seats that prevent leakage through the port in case of a fire.
- Lockable handle option: The 2-piece ball valve has an easy-to-remove handle with a locking device to show when it is in an open or closed position.
What are the Available Types Of 2-Piece Ball Valves?
There are various types of 2-piece ball valves based on design. They are defined based on:
- 2 Piece Floating Ball Valve: In this design, the ball is only supported by the cupped seats it rests on to create a seal between it and the body of the valve.
- 2 Piece Trunnion Ball Valve: This valve comes with a ball that is supported by spring-loaded seats, and connects to the stem on one end and to a hollow, perforated and fixed shaft or trunnion, on the other end. This creates an axis upon which the ball rotates. Trunnion ball valves offer a smaller operating torque than floating ball valves.
- 2 Piece Full Port Ball Valve: This ball valve has a ball with the same diameter as the pipe. It allows full flow of media through it.
- 2 Piece Reduced Port Ball Valve: This ball has a smaller diameter than the pipe. It restricts the flow, providing a drop in pressure.
- 2-piece stainless steel ball valve: This ball valve is made of premium quality stainless steel with an austenitic crystalline structure that makes it highly resistant to corrosion, abrasion and rust. Stainless steel is an iron alloy that is durable and can be modified by adding other alloys like molybdenum to improve its structure.
- 2-piece carbon steel ball valve: This ball valve is made using a steel material with a higher carbon content than other types of steel. The high carbon content increases the strength of this material, making this ball valve effective in high process cycles.
- 2-piece brass ball valve: This ball valve is made of brass, a corrosion resistant mixture of copper and zinc. It is highly adaptable to welding and ideal for plumbing applications.
- 2-piece PVC ball valve: This ball valve is made using Polyvinyl Chloride, a rigid and brittle thermoplastic polymer. PVC has a higher density than other plastics and offers excellent tensile strength. It is also more cost friendly than other ball valve materials and is recommended for use in plumbing applications.
- 2-piece soft seated ball valve: This involves the use of thermoplastics like PTFE or NBR seats to seal around the ball to prevent leakage. They are used in a wide range of temperature and pressure conditions.
- 2-piece metal seated ball valve: Metal seals are made of material like stainless steel, nickel alloys and other metals types. They are ideal for severe service conditions.
- 2-piece ball valve with threaded ends: 2-piece ball valves are available in either female or male threaded. Female threads connect to male threads and vice versa on the pipe fitting. 2-piece ball valves can also be made with female threads on one end and male threads on the other end.
- 2-piece ball valve with flanged ends: Flanged ends are a protruding flat trim or collar on the end of the ball valve with bolts for fastening. They connect to a matching flanged end on the pipeline.
2-piece ball valve can be automated using various methods;
- Electrically actuated 2-piece ball valve: This ball valve is automated using electricity. It is also known as a motorized ball valve and is ideal for low cycle applications.
- Pneumatic actuated 2-piece ball valve: This actuator uses compressed air to power the valve. It is ideal for applications requiring a dependable power source and high cycle speeds. Pneumatic actuators can either be double acting or spring return designs.
- Worm gear actuated 2-piece ball valve: This method uses a spiral-threaded shaft which drives a gear or toothed wheel to power the 2-piece ball valve. It offers a mechanical advantage in rotation force by reducing the number of cycles needed to power the valve.
- Hydraulic actuated 2-piece ball valve: This ball valve uses pressurized fluid to power the valve. The fluid can either be water or oil and is fed to one or both sides of the piston to impart motion. Hydraulic actuators are available in either single-acting or double acting types.
- Manually actuated 2-piece ball valve: This ball valve is set in motion using a hand operated lever. It must be controlled by an operator and is ideal for small valves in low cycle applications.
Why are 2-Piece Ball Valves the Most Popular Valves?
2-piece ball valves are the most popular valves because of the following reasons:
- 2-piece ball valves are affordable and have a full port or full bore.
- The full bore makes sure that the size of the pipe always remains constant and is never reduced.
What are the Suitable Materials for a 2-Piece Ball Valve?
Some of the materials which are used in the making of a 2-piece ball valve include:
- Stainless steel 316: used to make the body of the 2-piece ball valve.
- PTFE (Teflon): used to make seats and seals.
- Stainless steel 304: used to manufacture non-wetted parts.
- Plastic: used to make the plastic cover of a 2-pice ball valve.
Flange 2-Piece Ball Valve
What are the Components of a 2-Piece Ball Valve?
The components of a 2-piece ball valve include:
- Body: it is a pressure vessel that constitutes elements that are required to shut off or control the flow through a pipe.
- Seat: refers to round disks which are shaped like donuts and form a seal between the ball and the valve’s body.
- Body Gasket
- Stem: it is a shaft that links the outside of the 2-piece ball valve to the internal ball for effective rotation of the ball.
- Operator or Actuator: it is an external device suited for rotation of the stem of the 2-piece ball valve. It can either be a gear, electric actuator, hydraulic actuator, or lever.
- Stem Packing: A flexible seal that fits well around the shaft to protect the medial flowing through the 2-piece ball valve from escaping.
- Gland nut
- Lockable handle
- Bonnet: it is a part of the 2-piece ball valve’s body that hosts the stem and stem packing.
- Lock Device
- Plastic Cover
How does a 2-Piece Ball Valve Work?
2-piece ball valve works by opening or shutting off the flow on most liquids and gases quickly and easily. This makes it suitable for almost any application as that requires an on and off action.
The flow rate of a 2-piece ball valve is controlled by opening partially or closing this valve at various degrees. It allows liquids in it to flow in any direction straight from the inlet to the outlet.
It contains a housing made of stainless steel, 2 ports, an inlet and outlet, and a ball containing a bore. These are operated using a manual hand lever which turns them to ninety degrees.
They work by simply turning the handle which is perpendicular to the pipe to open and close it.
Where is a 2-Piece Ball Valve Used?
2-piece ball valves are used in pipelines that have different kinds of liquid, solid, or gas under different temperatures and pressure levels.
It is used in applications that require frequent cleaning.
The stainless-steel material on a 2-piece ball valve makes it suitable for any medium and it is also resistant to wear pressure, and temperature.
The design of the 2-piece ball valve makes it easy to separate the ball for cleaning.
This makes it appropriate for contaminated and aggressive media applications as they need frequent cleaning.
What are the Performance Specifications of a 2-Piece Ball Valve?
The performance specifications of a 2-piece ball valve include:
- The nominal pressure of a 2-piece ball valve is 1000 PSI or 6.4 MPa.
- Its temperature range is between -25 degrees Celsius to 150 degrees Celsius.
- It has a shell test of 9.6 MPa.
- Its seal test is 0.6 MPa.
What is the Difference Between a 2-Piece Ball Valve and a 3-Piece Ball Valve?
Some of the differences between a 2-piece ball valve and a 3-piece ball valve include:
2-piece ball valve possesses two distinct pieces; one piece has an end connection, the second piece has the valve trim, and the other end connection.
A 3-piece ball valve on the other hand contains three body pieces; a center section that holds the valve trim, and the two end caps.
Due to the nature of their design, a 2-piece ball valve is limited in terms of the end connection type they can make. They can’t be designed to have butt welded and socket welded connections.
The 3-piece ball valve, on the other hand, has a swing-out design which makes it appropriate for flexible end connections that are not only welded connections but also threaded, flanged, or tri-clamp connections.
The 2-piece ball valve is easier to make and is among the most common types of ball valves in industries. It is light in weight and thus an effective solution for automatic and manual gas or fluid control.
For a 3-piece ball valve, the installation process will be simple if the end connections are threaded or flanged ends. In case there is a need to weld the end to protect the valve from damage, then it needs partial disassembling during installation.
The simple design of a 2-piece ball valve grants it generally a CV value that is better as compared to a 3-piece ball valve. Elements such as seals, applications, seats, and other parts become more decisive than the type of design.
Ease of Maintenance
It is easy to maintain a 3-piece ball valve than a 2-piece ball valve due to its oscillating design. This makes each section remain in place when the valve section swings up for servicing or cleaning.
2-Piece Ball Valve with Direct Mounting Pad
How is a 2-Piece Ball Valve Installed?
The process of installing a 2-piece ball valve follows a series of steps which include:
- Step 1: ensure you cut the tube square by use of a fine-toothed steel saw or a rotary tube cutter.
- Step 2: eliminate external and internal burrs at both ends of the tube using sandpaper, fine-tooth file, or debarring tools that are commercially available.
- Step 3: inspect the valve to make sure it has an EPDM O-ring, it is free from oil, debris, and dirt and is not damaged.
- Mark the depth of insertion by inserting the tube into the ball valve in a twisting motion until it meets the stop. you may also use a tape measure and a depth chart for insertion.
- Step 1: Insert the tube into the valve in a twisting motion until it reaches the tube stop and the mark for insertion depth. To reduce friction, wet the tube with clean water.
- Step 2: using a press tool and correct jaw, place the bead of the ball valve at 90 degrees angle to the tube centerline.
- Step 3: press the 2-piece ball valve into position.
What are the Factors to Consider when Choosing a 2-Piece Ball Valve?
Some of the factors to consider when choosing a 2-piece ball valve include:
- Design: it is important to be aware of the design of a two-piece ball valve and ascertain that it conforms with your specific needs.
- Process Conditions: it is important to be well aware of the process conditions of your system to select the most suitable 2-piece ball valve.
- Valve Flow: the medium which you are pumping using the 2-piece ball valve will determine the type of valve that you choose. Establish if you want to convey water, liquid, or gas and select the most suitable 2-piece ball valve to fulfill the need.
- Valve Function: it is important to be well aware of the valve function before selecting your 2-piece ball valve.
Ascertain whether you want it normally to open or closed or if you need it to control flow.
How does a 2-Piece Ball Valve compare to a 1-Piece Ball Valve?
The design of a 1-piece ball valve tends to be a less expensive style. This is because it has a reduced port and a cast body in one piece.
In a 1-pice ball valve, there is a reduction in leakage paths and initial costs. However, it is very difficult to repairs as you will have to remove the whole 1-pice ball valve from the pipeline.
2-piece ball valves tend to be complex thus can satisfy many different industry functions and designs that are a requirement for given applications.
The 2-piece ball valve design has a one-body joint which is technically an additional leakage path in comparison to a 1-piece ball valve. However, this joint is welded to eliminate the possible problem of leakages.
The 2-piece ball valve design has several connection types and sizes in comparison with the 1-piece ball valve design. A 2-piece ball valve is also the most common industrial ball valve design for flanged connections.
What is the Testing Procedure of a 2-Piece Ball Valve after Assembly?
The testing procedure of a 2-piece ball valve after re-assembly entails the following steps:
- First, secure a test fixture using a single mating flange with an appropriate gasket and full bolting.
- Orient the valve in such a way that it is in a closed position, the seat faces upwards, and the flange facing downwards.
- Introduce about 50 to 1000 PSI of compressed air while wearing ear and eye protectors. Open partially the 2-piece ball valve and then close it to make sure that the cavity is pressurized.
- Check the stem to ascertain that is it not leaking. In case of a small leak, isolate and remove air pressure from the cavity by opening the 2-piece ball valve.
- Tighten the stem nut and retest until the leaking stops. Be cautious not to over-tighten the stem as it might result in automatic problems in the operation of the 2-piece ball valve.
- Pour water into the upper end till it covers the ball then check visually for bubbles. Bubbles will indicate that the seal is leaking, and you will have to pour the water off and redo the test.
- In case the seat completely fails, completely relieve the air pressure, strip the valve and ascertain that the parts are installed right.
- Retest to ensure it has passed the no bubble test and test the other seat.
- For the other seat, switch the flange for testing to the opposite and repeat the process as above.
What is the Maintenance Procedure of a 2-Piece Ball Valve when Replacing Sets and Seals?
Some of the maintenance procedures of a 2-piece ball valve include:
- Safety: use engineering practices that are sound when removing a 2-piece ball valve from pipelines. It is important to make sure that the line is clearly labeled and isolated.
- Remove flange bolts and nuts and lift the ball valve from the line. Be careful to avoid scratching, damaging, or scoring the seal faces.
2-piece ball valves tend to be heavy, thus it is good to make prior arrangements when lifting the valve out of the line.
- Take out the lever securing nut and remove the lever and if the plate is fitted, stop it.
- Remove the bolts of the body using a wrench of appropriate size. Separate and lift off the adapter at the end.
- Take out the body seal.
- Lift out the ball by turning the valve to the closed position and removing it in the direction of the end adapter. Be very careful to avoid scratching the ball’s surface because it may affect correct sealing during reassembling.
- Using a soft-headed hammer, tap the stem into the body’s cavity from the location where the ball is removed. The stem has to be removed from the inside of the body because it is blow-out-proof.
- Take out the downstream seat.
- Inspect and clean well all the housing and metal parts. It is not a must to replace the ball and stem unless they display signs of scoring or abrasion.
- In case the ball and stem are damaged, scratched, or scored, replace them with new parts.
- Once all these procedures are done, re-assemble in reverse order fitting new seals, seats, and packing.
- Use light lubricant media which is compatible with the 2-piece ball valve in the re-assembling process.
What is the Available Size Range for a 2-Piece Ball Valve?
Refer to the available size range for the 2 piece ball valves, it depends on the types of this ball valve.
Generally, there are two kinds of 2 piece ball valves in the market. The first one is a 2-piece floating ball valve. This kind of 2 piece ball valve is designed with a floating ball.
Due to its construction, the size of a 2 piece floating ball valve can be up to 12 inches. In fact, few customers will buy floating ball valves with a diameter of more than 10 inches.
On the one hand, such a large diameter floating ball valve requires very high torque to operate. On the other hand, the sealing performance of floating ball valves with a diameter of more than 10 inches is not ideal, and the cost will be very high. In this case, you should buy a trunnion ball valve.
The second one is the trunnion ball valve. Different from the design of a floating ball valve with a ‘free-floating ball’, a trunnion ball valve has a fixed ball. The ball connects to the stem on one end and on the other end, a shaft called the trunnion. Due to this design, the ball is held firmly in place.
Compared with the size limitation of floating ball valve manufacturing, the diameter of the trunnion ball valve can reach 96 inches.
2-Piece Floating and Trunnion Ball Valve
What is a Non-Demanding Ball Valve?
It refers to a type of valve that is used mostly for light-duty applications. These applications do not require extreme conditions or designs that are specialized or any certification criteria.
What is the Feature of the Control Valve of a 2-Piece Ball Valve?
Some of the features of the control valve of a 2-piece ball valve include:
- The primary seal is a washer that firmly fits onto the stem shoulder.
- Its secondary seal or backup seal is provided by an O-ring and a set of RPTFE Vee packing rings that are self-lubricating.
- Its design adjusts packing compression in such a way that it compensates for wear, temperature, or pressure fluctuations.
- Size ranges are between ½ inch to 2 inches.
- It has a maximum pressure of 1,000 PSI.
- The connection type is NPT (Threaded)
- It has a blow-out proof stem
- Contains an actuator mounting pad.
- Possesses open or closed safety lock-out ready leaver handle.
Do you offer Custom 2-Piece Ball Valves?
Yes, we do offer a large selection of 2-piece ball valves with custom configurations. These 2-piece ball valves also have a wide selection of parts available, and which are quickly shipped to your location.
We also can offer 2-piece ball valves that are custom designed and configured to suit your specific needs and particular applications. Irrespective of your 2-pice ball valve design complexity, we are always willing to help you with its manufacturing process.
How do 2-Piece Ball Valves Seal Without Leaking?
The bead in each 2-piece ball valve has an EPDM (Ethylene-Propylene Diene Monomer) O-ring pre-installed. This EPDM O-ring is a treated lubricant that is silicone-free listed and it can completely engage when pressed.
It also has an operating temperature of 0 degrees Fahrenheit to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. when installed, EPDM (Ethylene-Propylene Diene Monomer) O-ring lasts for a very long time.
Are No-Lead 2-Piece Ball Valves Available?
Yes, 2-piece ball valves are available in bronze and brass which are lead-free alloys. In addition, all adapters for the 2-piece ball valve both integral and add-on are made of lead-free alloy.
Do I need Special Tools for the Installation of a 2-Piece Ball Valve?
No, you do not require any special tools for the installation of 2-pice ball valves. They can be installed using just standard press-fit tools which are readily available.
Do systems have to be Drained for 2-Piece Ball Valve Installation or Replacement?
No, systems do not require draining for the process of 2-piece ball valve installation. In situations where no open flame is required, 2-piece ball valve installation can be done dry or wet. This ensures faster, easier installation and repair of systems.
If I make a mistake, can I re-press the same 2-Piece Ball Valve?
No, if you make a mistake you will not be able to re-press the same 2-piece ball valve.
You can press the ball valve only once. Attempting to re-press a 2-piece ball valve may result in connection failure or damage to the product.
Why are Seat and Disk Guides So Critical?
Seat and disk are so critical because they are the two most essential components in the flow path of the controlled liquid. Another reason is that they are provided as a standard in stainless steel.
These components allow the 2-piece ball valve to carry out tough applications that require volatile water conditions, excessive velocity, and minor cavitation.
What is the ‘’CV’’ Factor?
The ”CV” factor tends to identify the pressure loss for 2-piece ball valves. The symbol ‘’CV’’ is defined as ”a valve constant, and characteristics of each size and type of 2-piece ball valve’’.
After establishing the ‘’CV’’ for a given 2-piece ball valve, the pressure loss through the fitting or 2-piece valve can be determined. You calculate it by establishing the exact gravity of fluid passing through the pipe and flow quantity in gallons per minute and the CV factor.
What are the Benefits of Fused Epoxy Coating on 2 Piece Ball Valve?
Some of the benefits of fused epoxy coating on a 2-piece ball valve include:
- Fused epoxy coating is applied under rigorous application standards and preparation.
- The coating is non-porous.
- It improves the flow coefficient of the 2-piece ball valve and ensures effective sealing. In this way, it ensures casting does not interact with the controlled liquid.
- The fused epoxy coating protects the 2-piece ball valve from attack by environmental factors.
- The finish on full epoxy coating prevents rust and mineral build-up in the 2-piece ball valve. This ensures that the maintenance process is simplified and the life of the 2-pice ball valve is elongated.
How does the Positioner Measure the Position of a 2-Piece Ball Valve?
Positioner refers to a component that makes a 2-piece ball valve open or close to achieve the setpoint and remove process error. It does this by the generation of input signals.
It tends to measure the actual position in the following ways:
- First, the positioner takes the command from the controller.
- It then compares the signals and causes the 2-pice ball valve to move either in the opening or closing direction.
- In this way, the process error can be corrected.
Two-Piece Ball Valve with Positioner
At Kinvalve, we design and manufacture a range of 2 piece ball valves depending on your unique requirements and specifications.
We also support OEM clients.
Contact us now for all your 2 piece ball valve needs.